sew many ways

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A-Z about Me.

Because seriously, is there anything I like to talk about more? (Stolen from Meridian Ariel).


A. Age: 30. Even though the other day, I was convinced I was 25. I constantly forget my own age. Is that normal? I'll assume it is.


B. Bed size: It's a double.


C. Chore you dislike: I really hate folding laundry. More so now than ever before; thankfully, Adam does that.

D. Dogs: One Rocco-hound.
AKA: Captain Saggyface.

E. Essential start to your day: Coffee.

F. Favorite colour: Blue. It's always been blue.

G. Gold or silver:I prefer the silver colour, but white gold is lovely.


H. Height: 5ft 2.

I. Instruments you play(ed): I could play Three Blind Mice on the recorder. And there ended my prestigious musical career.

J. Job title: I'm a carpenter. Should I ever open a company, I want to call it Schreck Bro. Construction. And if you don't know why, drop what you're doing, and go watch The Money Pit.

K. Kids: Negatory. Children and goats both scare me a great deal.

L. Live: Bedford, NS, CANADA.

M. Mom’s name: Celine. Well, not really. Her name is actually Sylvia, but she has never gone by
that. Actually, I don't know why she was named that, or why she's always been called by her middle name.

N. Nicknames: Trucifer, Trude, Tru, Tr (depending on how lazy the person is who's beckoning), and Rude Trude, which I really never cared much for.


O. Overnight hospital stays: Nevah!


P. Pet peeves: Chewing with your mouth open, slurping your coffee, rude salespeople, feminine hygiene products, people wearing their shoes through the house, telemarketers.... pretty much everything depending on the day...

Q. Quote from a movie: "What kind of clothes do you have?"
"Like the ones I have on."
"So, you got no clothes." From Joe Vs. The Volcano.

R. Righty or lefty: Righty

S. Siblings: Me and Marther.

T. Time you wake up: 5.45am. Which really sucks this week, because it's very dark, and my brain still thinks it's 4.45am. Spooty time change.

U. Underwear: On a good day, clean.

V. Vegetables you don’t like: OHGODIHATEPEAS.

W. What makes you run late: I lose track of time. Like, last week, it was 6.50,and I'm on time as long as I'm out the door by about 7.10, so I thought, 'Okay, I have lots of time to shower' but of course, I didn't, so then I was 5 minutes late. Or I'll be playing with the hound, because I feel bad that he's alone all day, even though I'm 90% sure that he just sleeps all day and plays with his toys, and then realize 15 minutes went by. Or some days, I just hit snooze and think for some reason that I have all this time I just get up in 10 minutes. Wth? Didn't work yesterday, why my sleep-fogged brain thinks it will work today, I just don't know. Anyway. I'm working on it...

X. X-rays you’ve had: dental, right wrist, right ankle, shoulders, and I have papers around here to go for one on my back... somewhere....


Y. Yummy food you make: Adam says, "Everything." Bless him, I think he's trying to get me to fold the laundry. Bruschetta chicken. Ooh, or White Chili.

Z. Zoo animal favourites:None! FREE THE ANIMALS! I'm not all green-peace loving, or anything, but I loathe zoos. They are the most depressing place I've ever visited. I prefer to call them "animal jail."


So, yes, I am back to work. Why am I doing this in the middle of the day, you ask? Well, I have the flu. Yes, the barfy, pray for death kind. I am on the mend, thank you. I'm off today because I thought about 10 or so trips up and down the steps at work, they'd have found me passed out on some dirty paint tarps. So anyway, life in this house lately:

  • The bedroom is painted, the trim is done, but it's not really decorated yet, so still no pictures.
  • A few weeks ago, this was our kitchen:

The bathroom taps were leaking, like, pouring unto the washer when we showered, and this was the easiest way to access them (other than busting out the tiles. Yay). Turns out the taps were so old that the part we needed was obsolete, so we have to replace the entire valve. Thankfully, we have a friend with plumbing experience, so by the end of the day, that was done, and now we have no leak and an access panel behind the stove.

  • Then, the kitchen taps started to run really slowly. Assuming that we got sediment in them from messing with the plumbing, we were going to wait it out until we re-do the kitchen (even though 15 minutes for the sink to fill up was pretty maddening). Even though I firmly suggested that tapping on the faucet really wouldn't help, that didn't stop Adam from going that route, so now we have a slow and leaking-under-the-cupboard faucet.
    Yay, more plumbing.

  • And finally, since these things, or so they say, come in threes, the washer has finally decided that enough is enough, and has given up.

  • Also, I started painting the coffee table, and the night-table turned phone table, and a shelf. Well, the primer went on fine, but needed 2 coats, then rain came from out of nowhere, so I had to drag everything inside. This was Sunday, since, of course, it rained all day on Saturday. Are they done? Hellls no. I'm learning to love the primer look. (But just until the weekend).

Then I watch the news, and realize that primer, and leaks and all, I'm very lucky, and shouldn't complain so much. The devastation in Japan is just unreal, and I'm crossing my fingers with everyone else that they can get their nuclear situation under control before things get even worse.

Now, I'll leave you with something completely different (that I have no source for, please let me know if you do).


2 comments:

  1. I REALLY enjoyed reading your blog today. I'm glad you're back to work but I miss your daily rants. :) I especially enjoy Captain Saggy Face. Becuase let's face it - I love that dog more than I thought possible. I don't even like dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better.

    I'm so totally in agreement with "V"! Well, I must qualify that - I like split pea soup & I like those raw peas-in-a-pod thingies. Just not peas.
    Sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. My Dad is a retired carpenter. This year, for the first time, when he got some wind damages on the roof of his duplex/condo, he did NOT fix it himself. He'll be 94 in May.
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete