sew many ways

Search This Blog

Monday, April 18, 2011

I get by with a little help from my friends....?

First, I'd just like to say, if I disappear for a while, it's because I may be experiencing a slight hiccup in my service provider. I was, and evidently, still am, with Bell. I was never impressed with the service, plus it's just stupid expensive, so we switched to Eastlink. Everything was set to cancel with Bell today (cross your fingers for me that they'll just forget about it for, oh, two weeks!) and get set up with Eastlink, but it turns out that I couldn't leave work early, and Adam was working, so we enlisted the help of a friend, we'll call him Dick, to let the technician in. So, Dick lives 2 houses away, has a key, and said, yes, no problem, I'm free between 12 and 5, I'll just run over when they call. So my sister stole my identity for 5 min, called Eastlink and changed the contact number to Dick's number, and all should have been well. *Insert deep sigh and under-the-breath swearing here.* So they called him at 2, and he came over, but at 2.45 he got tired of waiting, or his ADD kicked into overdrive, or some hoochie called him for a nooner, or something, so he left. Had the technician been here? No. Did he call to make sure they were still coming? No. Did he answer his phone when they guy arrived, and I'm sure, called him back (since I know they would have)?? NO. Now, I know what you're all thinking, 'Why, how odd! The cable guy is usually so punctual!' Apparently that's what Dick thought as well, because Dick just buggered off, and I can't get another appointment until the 29th. Which leads me to this question: how many people do you have in your life who you can really, really depend on? I can probably count them all on my fingers, and I am deeply appreciative of them, and hope they can count on me in the same way. As for Dick? Well. I just hope I can find some way to show him just how much I appreciate this. ***Intermission*** Now for good things, in point form:

  • Rocco did very well at his first obedience class. Meaghan, the trainer, said he wasn't very helpful to try and demonstrate anything, because he wasn't misbehaving enough. We have a long list of homework to do, but with Easter being next weekend, we have 2 weeks to work on it. I predict good things. She also recommended a Gentle Leader to help leash train him, but I was reading reviews on the internet *which I do know isn't always the best idea* and I read far too many things about how if the dog really takes off, it can cause neck injury. Knowing how hard he pulls and how stubborn he can be to get where he wants to go, I think I'll just work on her leash training tips. That and it just looks so sad seeing a dog walking with his head all cocked to one side.... So we'll see...

  • I got my income tax return today, so I thought I'd splurge one something I'd had my eye on for a while: This mug has been on clearance for waaaaaay over a month, it was marked down to $2 (there are no chips, so I have to assume it's got a lead glaze). I don't care, I lurve it! The patterns! The fonts! It's big, but not too big. Oh, lovely!

  • I picked up a wee Easter gift for my sister, but shh! don't tell her ;D.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Rocco!
    BooHisssss & Shame on You to Dick.

    Coool mug. :D

    ReplyDelete