sew many ways

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Helllooooo

I've been away. Where, you ask? Why, I've been working. I am once again employed, same company as before, same ridiculous hours, it's awesome! Even though I miss my blog. And my sewing machine is neglected, and quite frankly, unless Rocco learns to sew (which would cut into his noveling time), I don't think that will change for a while. So, a list:

  • First off, please save yourself, and don't try to get delivery at Swiss Chalet. You can't call the actual restaurant, you have to call the 1-866 number, and I won't go into details, I'll just say I'm two streets away from the restaurant, and after talking to three different people, I never got my perogies.
  • The bedroom is painted. It's very, very green. There will be more pictures, but since I just finished the trim tonight, and one dresser is still in the hallway, and there's laundry (clean laundry!) on the bed, and nothing is back on the walls, well, there's just this one HOLYPOOPLOOKATTHECOLOUR picture. We're going to paint the furniture an off-white colour, and then I just have to get a plan for a curtain. While I do like it (I didn't at first; I felt like I was trapped in a lime), it's a difficult colour to accessorize.
  • Today was for the dogs. As in, we went to the park with Rocco, and a friend and her 2 dogs. It was a very muddy day. I really need to get a picture of the hound looking pathetic in the tub; he will get in, and he will stay there, but he manages to make every part of himself extra saggy and sad.
  • I just lost part of my blog entry, and that makes me sad.
  • But I LURVE Kijiji! I got the hardware for our kitchen for $30 (for 22 pieces); according to my google-fu, it would have been $100 to buy at a store. Along with our liquidation sale sink, that saved us $500, I would say we're off to a good start.

  • Let me show you the reason I'm so excited for this undertaking:

(Pardon the mess, etc, etc). Why? Why would anyone put the sink there?? I mean, I do know why. It kept the plumbing to a minimum, since the bathroom is on the other side of that wall, and that was the simplest place to put the pipes. But seriously? It's ridiculously awkward. Whatever, it's days are limited. And see the dent in the back of the sink? How does that even happen?? Oy.

  • I stopped eating junk food. This was prompted by my recent run in with the scale. What the....? How did that happen??
  • Also in the how did that happen list: how is it Sunday night already??

On that note, and since I'm saying nothing of any interest, I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

  1. What's a google-fu? It made me laugh but I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And also, welcome back. I've missed your witticisms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Congrats on the employment!
    2. Accessorizing the green? Hmmmm, not being a green sort of gal...I suppose you could do monochromatic with other darker greens, or, in keeping with the citrus flavor, go with oranges & lemons. Or maybe blues? Some nice royals & true blues.
    3. Aren't I just a heap o' help?
    4. Yes, sinks really don't belong in the corner.
    5. Great kitchen handles! Fun fun fun!!
    6. Hope you're having some fun in with all the working & remodeling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!! Yes it is a brain cookie jar! And that was a heap of help, I was thinking of blue, and atlantic fabric has some nice retro looking fabric with blue and green! IT'S A SIGN!!

    ReplyDelete