sew many ways

Search This Blog

Monday, March 1, 2010

I will not be defeated!!

I have this jacket in my possession. It belongs to the boyfriend's stepfather. It had (has?) a busted zipper. I've been neglecting it because I put the zipper in once already. I thought I had it all basted, I thought it was good to go. Then I sewed it and one side grew, or one side shrank, and when I was done, the top outran the zipper by almost two inches on one side. So I put it down. And I considered putting in velcro. Or buttons. Who doesn't like buttons?? But here I am, back at it. Hopefully with better results this time.





I had a small lapse today; while waiting for the boyfriend, I went to Atlantic Fabrics. I'm not sure why I didn't realize it before, but for the most part, the material is far cheaper than Fabricville, and the selection is far better. I've been keeping an eye out for material with text on it, and how could I possibly pass up this other one?? Chocolates!! Dear God. Now the challenge is making something with it before I eat it...
Also, picked up a card for the Atlantic Sewing Guild (http://asg.chebucto.org/) which I'm feeling a little excited about.

1 comment: