A little gift for my BFF (I know, I know, I ruined the surprise). The real surprise is that it went together fairly easily, and better than expected (since it was pretty much made up as I went). I had it half cut out before I bothered to check the weeb for tutorials and patterns; I didn't find anything I really liked, but I did add a pocket (that's the blue part) after seeing another picture. It's lined with black nylon, to add some structure. And handmade bias tape (not actually
cut on the bias so I guess I should call it homemade straight-grain tape) is my new best friend. It just makes everything look so.... finished. And I like that.