sew many ways

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How to get organi.... HEY LOOK! Shiny red ball!!

**This post has been temporarily interupted by high levels of grossness.**

Sometimes I'm slack. For instance, I always clean the stove and the counters when I do the dishes, but I don't clean the burners very often. So... remember way back last *cough* spring when we had that little mouse problem? Well, imagine my surprise when I took the burners off today, and while he'd been eating, and presumedly lounging about, in the drawer in the bottom of the stove, evidently he'd been pooing under the stovetop, way down by the burners. Ew, ew. EW. And the little f***we had apparently been stealing some cookies and cream kisses from me! On the agenda for the new year: keep the GD stove clean!!

Organization. I keep seeing this word pop up on the internet, and it sounds interesting! But seriously, I am so unorganized, and I HATE it. The same way I hate being late, but sometimes no matter how early I leave, it just seems like I can't get where I'm going. Anyway. My problem with GETTING organized is that I never seen to be able to STAY FOCUSED. Is there such a thing as adult-onset ADD? (Like I haven't always been like this!) For example: today I was putting away the boxes of Christmas decorations. Yesterday, I starting purging some things, starting in the bedroom, and I have a growing pile of things to take to the VV Boutique, so after taking the first box to the basement, I noticed a duffle bag of work clothes, and thought, 'Hey! I should go through that now, and then I can put it in the VV pile!" I did stop myself, but it was close! If I can get pay attention to the task at hand, I do alright, but I get distracted. Easily. And by almost everything. Is there a point to this, you say? Well. Yes. I have a plan, and I'll share it with you.


  1. Do one thing at a time. This was Adam's suggestion, but I'll take credit for it. I tend to aim high when I make plans, and I need to learn to focus, and start and finish one thing at a time.

  2. Take 15 min a day to tackle one thing. Cause really, cleaning out a cupboard or a closet shouldn't take much longer than that.

  3. Do you really need it? I've been trying to get rid of a lot of things I don't need or haven't used in a while.

Not much of a plan, is it? Well, it's a start. At least I don't have mouse poop in my stove anymore. EW EW EW EWewewweww.

1 comment: