sew many ways

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Huge unidentified object spotted in the sky....

It's bright and hot, and hopefully will be seen again (forecast for tomorrow: periods of rain). This is two days in a row, people! After rain for 35 of the last 40 days, it's looked pretty good! Yesterday was a work-BBQ, which was (honestly) a really good time. It's nice to work with people whose company I actually enjoy. Today was lots of running around, and finally some planting! I'll save myself a few thousand words, and show you some pictures (hey! remember when I used to sew sometimes? That was neat. My sewing room is shameful, and I really need to do something about that....)


A few weeks ago, Adam bit into an apple and the seeds were starting to sprout (that's weird, right?). So he stuck them in some peat pellets, and we were told to start putting them out in the day to harden the trees. Still so wee....


We did some planting in the front, where the hound can't get it (and if I catch a cat out there, I'll have some nice new slippers). I picked out all orange and rust coloured flowers, and some "cinnamon" coloured accent grass; I'm pretty excited to see how it looks once it all fills in, and blooms. I'm also pretty proud that this only took us about an hour.





The veggies seeds have been purchased, to be planted later this week.




(I had pansies, but they were relocated to a planter by the front door). We also made a trip to the VV boutique to pick up some books for shelves. Books for shelves, you say? To which I reply, yees. Like this:


And also, a k-nick, k-nack shelf that needs a re-make (poopy picture, I know)

And ladies, and gentlemen, I'd like to introduce you to the monkeys who live in my head:
I cannot express to you how much I love loooooooove these monkeys!



I'm pretty fond of this monkey too:


He's decided that the hammock is his. But he's willing to share, so it's okay. What a difference a year makes (there was a little more room last year). ;D

1 comment:

  1. He's SO big now!

    Also, come to my house and put up some book shelves?

    ReplyDelete