sew many ways

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 14, 2011

In which I ramble like a mad-person

I was going to sew today. Really. The intent was there. But I hung out with my sister, and played with the dog, finished Fever Dream, possibly fell asleep for a while, and re-stocked the house with groceries. Tomorrow, I'm cleaning and playing in the mud for a while, because I want flowers this year, damn it, and I made off with a 5lb bag of coffee grounds from Starbucks that needs to get in the ground (did you know they bag them up for people to compost?).



So... lets see.... The Hound is a million times better trained already, with 2 more classes to go. The leash training is going to take a lot more work, but thanks to the Vol-Hard collar that she hooked us up with, I can walk him now. It's not a solution, but it's a very effective training tool, and if you have a dog that pulls like one of those crazy "I don't take steroids, but watch me pull this bus!!" guys, please try this.


I got ID'd at the liquor store. It went like this:
"Do you have ID?"
"I sure do!!!!" *insert happy dance* AND THEN, I was accosted by the Dead Sea Minerals guy in the mall. I broke down and bought a manicure kit because



  1. He reminded me of Fez from That 70s Show.

  2. He asked me if I was "21? 23?"

  3. My thumbnail is still shiny!

  4. My (impossible to buy for) Mom has a birthday next month, and I'm afraid she's going to punch my Dad in the neck every time she breaks a nail. The woman has nail-rage. I'm trying to help.

Has anyone else noticed that dude in the old El Paso commercials switches from a Spanish accent to a Scottish one? I can't find the commercial, but he goes from sounding like the guy from Fantasy Island to the Lucky Charms leprechaun in the blink of an eye. WTH? I mean, fine. It's not a big deal, but at least make it sound good; tell me these tacos are magically delicious, or something.


I'm trying to cover up the fact that I haven't done anything creative in a very long time.... did it work?


2 comments:

  1. You were very productive today, you made me laugh and that's NOT easy.

    Thanks!

    Billie in TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked for me!
    Gardening stuff sounds pretty creative - even if all you did was bring home the coffee grounds. It's a step in the direction, right?

    All I did over the weekend was sit in a chair at the registration booth of the (hopefully) first annual Chino Valley Walk for Mental Health, getting chilled by the cold wind that blew all day, then sunburned in the last hour when the sun came out. Then slept most of the day Sunday. Ugh.

    Good job with the Hound! Give him a pet & a scratch from me. :D

    ReplyDelete