sew many ways

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

And tomorrow, we sew.

My sewing machine, virginal, as yet unnamed, remains in the box. (I was re-siding an apartment building this week; dragging myself and my tools up 30'+ feet of staging for 9 hours a day kind of wore me out). So tomorrow is my day to work on organizing my sewing room and actually sewing. Today was more for groceries/tidying up/ walking the monster/buying pumpkins and maybe possibly spending too much time bumming around the interweb. Whoops.

I've been trying to figure out what would work in there for a cutting/work table. A kitchen table? Yes, but the extra expense doesn't seem worth it (I'm not cheap, really! I just like a challenge). Then I stumbled on this blog, and, sweet relief, why didn't I think of that?? We have a stray door in the basement (that doesn't fit any opening in the house. Someone broke in, and left a door behind? Who knows) and it will be PERFECT. Now, I just need legs. Update, of course, to follow.

But to tide you over (since I know you must be as excited as I am!!), a picture of my tuckered-out pooch.

3 comments:

  1. I can attest to that - she's not cheap. I'm cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like Alan Harper and she's like Charlie. Except for the plaid shirts and the excessive drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. We hardly ever wear plaid.

    ReplyDelete