sew many ways

Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

Gobble, Gobble*

*Previously titled: Oh God, my pants are tight.
But that has nothing to do with anything.

The boy and I spent the weekend at home with my parents (have I ever mentioned that they're really not dog people??), not doing much of anything. So crafting? There wasn't a lot of that. This was more of a crafting-prep weekend. Want to see?



This was my grandfather's medicine cabinet. Handmade by himself, it lived behind the front door in the porch; in the drawer I found the the tools he made my grandmother to hook rugs. It'll be living in my sewing room. Y'know, eventually...

















Remember my frame dilemma? Well, it's in the works, thanks to a really old house on Creighton St., and my dad (and his terrifying, wonky table saw).

Rocco spent most of the weekend outside. He likes the beach. There are many, many, things for him to smell. And taste. And chase. And scratch at...



And all that fresh air led to....









a very sleepy puppy.











Two unrelated things:

a) I just realized that although we have a doorbell, one that makes a very loud buzzing sound, there's no speaker. There's none by the front door, and there's none by the front door of our flat. I have no idea where the sound is coming from. That's weird, right?

b)I need a haircut. As in, the blue is faded. The ends are toast. It's just too goddamn long. I'm thinking it's time for this:





Thoughts?














Edit: the screwy spacing? I can't seem to fix it, and I'm frickin' tired of trying. My apologies.

2 comments:

  1. I had a huge moment of nostalgia seeing Poppie's medicine cabinet. Such a great keepsake and reminder of him :).

    LOVE the hair - DO IT! And then post a pic!

    ReplyDelete